In a fast-paced world, it’s always good to be thinking ahead and looking out for your health and well-being. Protect yourself against the risk of expenses following illness or accident with individual health benefits.
Private Medical Insurance and Health Insurance
Provincial health plans provide coverage for many health expenses, but there are gaps that can have a big impact on your finances. It’s important for you and your family to have affordable protection against unexpected medical bills.
Here are five reasons to consider individual health benefits:
- Do not have health benefits through your employer
- Want additional coverages not offered through either your employer’s plan or provincial health coverage (must have provincial health coverage in order to apply for individual health benefits)
- Losing your group coverage and are between jobs
Depending on where you live in Canada (province or territory), you may currently be responsible for paying for elements such as:
- Prescription drugs to treat a chronic or serious health condition
- Emergency medical services provided in another country
- Practitioners like physiotherapists to promote wellness or help with injury recovery
- Medical equipment to assist with your mobility
Our people-first approach is founded on our knowledge that each person and their family is different. We’re dedicated to using our resources and expertise to find the best option for the unique considerations of your lifestyle and budget. We work with top insurance providers across the country to get you the best possible package for your specific situation.
Individual health benefits are particularly beneficial to individuals who are looking to have higher coverage levels and willing to be medically underwritten.
Some of the coverages in an individual health benefit plan include:
- Prescription drugs
- Dental coverage
- Paramedical expenses
- Vision care
- Semi-private hospital room
- Emergency travel medical
Even if you have a pre-existing medical condition, we will work to find a viable solution.
Individual health benefit plans also include add-on coverages for accidental death, dismemberment and specific loss, emergency travel medical, hospital cash and major dental coverage.
Whether you’re self-employed, in between jobs or recently retired, contact us today to find out more about how we can provide you piece of mind with these important coverages.